October Pew Envelopes Benefit the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Facing the perilous predicament of eviction or foreclosure or losing gas or electric service can turn a family’s world upside down. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul not only provides financial assistance to help in a crisis but also a much needed “hands up” of hope to those who have fallen behind on their financial obligations.
Trained volunteers comprised of members of local churches, including Trinity, answer calls, determine what’s needed and go on home visits to meet with families to discuss their financial issues and work out the best way to resolve their current problems. The goal of Saint Vincent de Paul is to help get people “back on their feet” and alleviate stress by paying the “essentials ” like utilities, the mortgage or rent directly to the provider.
With your “Pew envelope” donations, you can help the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul help our neighbors in need keep their lights on and their homes warm this winter season.
Donations can be dropped off at the office, made through the Trinity website on the Outreach web page or use the QR code. Please note “St Vincent de Paul” on your donation. Thank you for your support of Trinity’s Community Outreach.
Community Capital Grant Program
As part of our successful Campaign for Trinity, building Trinity stronger and more welcoming for all, we have the opportunity to extend that strength into the community around us by making select grants to partner organizations to launch new programs or make capital improvements to existing facilities in order to better serve our neighbors in need and make the community beyond our walls stronger and more welcoming for all.
2023 Grants: Information and application are here
Organizations we support
- St Vincent De Paul – Housing and bill paying assistance.
- Family Promise of Burlington County – temporary to permanent housing.
- Christian Caring Center – Food and housing assistance, Code Blue shelter
- Urban Promise – virtual/hybrid learning continues.
- Children’s Education at Sacred Heart School – virtual/hybrid learning continues.
- Project Interaction and Camp Faith – Outreach programs in Camden
- Food Bank of South Jersey
- Sacred Heart Church Camden – Food distribution
- Cathedral Kitchen – outreach program in Camden
- Good Counsel Homes – a safe haven for mothers and babies program
Trinity Household Needs Pantry
Our current Pantry hours are Thursday, 9:30 – 11 a.m. Pantry drop offs or pickups may be arranged at other times pending staff availability. Please call 856-235-0811 to schedule any delivery or pick up from the office.
In order to best serve our community, Trinity is focusing the resources of our pantry on non-perishable household necessities that are not covered under EBT or SNAP. We hope this shift will help ease some of the financial strain of the families we serve. We are asking for the following items:
- Baby wipes
- Women’s Deodorant
- Household cleaning supplies (dish soap, all-purpose cleaner)
- Laundry Detergent (Tide, Cheer, Gain)
- Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash
***Please do not donate any opened or used products***