The Property Manager will be responsible for managing the technical and operational aspects of maintenance, repairs, and improvements for all facilities and grounds at Trinity Episcopal Church, 207 W. Main Street, Moorestown, NJ 08057, and two adjacent houses owned by the church. The Property Manager is required to live on-site in a house provided by the church.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the management of facility and grounds: cleaning, maintenance, and repair.
- Working knowledge and experience in the operations of boilers, air-conditioning, chillers and pumps.
- General maintenance skills in painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Ability to organize work tasks & projects, and maintain records and documentation
- Ability to use computers for email communication and document creation in Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work well with people, helping to maintain a friendly and cooperative atmosphere among staff, and with persons using the church’s buildings and grounds.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position, including climbing steps and ladders, must be flexible enough to bend, and must be able to pull and push heavy objects (i.e. be physically able to lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 lbs.)
- Work to effectively keep the facilities at a high standard of safety and cleanliness
- Open and close church buildings on a daily basis
- Set up and prepare for religious services and events
- Perform all maintenance and repair assignments including, but not limited to, cleaning all interior spaces and exterior property, removing garbage and debris, painting woodwork and walls, waxing floors, polishing pews and furniture, changing of light bulbs and cleaning windows.
- Create and implement a schedule of ongoing maintenance tasks to be performed on monthly, quarterly, or annual basis (e.g., fire extinguisher maintenance, cleaning of gutters and downspouts, boiler service, roof inspection, interior dusting and cleaning).
- Conduct monthly inspection of interior and exterior property, submitting reports of needed repairs and/or safety issues to the Property Commission and Rector.
- Implement or schedule with vendors preventive and as-needed maintenance & repairs in the areas of HVAC, boiler operation, plumbing,carpentry, painting, machine & equipment servicing, and electrical work.
- Monitor performance of vendors per scope of work and contracts.
- In consultation with the Church’s Warden and/or Property Commission, administer yearly maintenance and equipment budget, reporting all purchases to the Office Manager monthly.
- Track and keep records of inspections and certifications for building systems and equipment.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as may be assigned by the Rector, Wardens or Property Commission.
Salary and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with the experience and skills of the candidate, this full-time position includes health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 403-B eligibility and a house on campus for the use of the Property Manager and their immediate family. Basic utilities are included. This position requires the successful completion of a background check and Safe Church Training.
About the church:
Trinity Episcopal Church in Moorestown is a broad and inclusive church serving Moorestown and its surrounding communities in the suburbs of Philadelphia. We have room under our roof for people from different backgrounds and cultures, with a wide variety of customs, points of view, lifestyles and talents. People of every gender, race, age, orientation, and identity share equally in leadership and in the sacraments, in fellowship and service. Our call is to strengthen relationships with God and one another, serving Christ in all persons and loving our neighbors as ourselves.
Please visit our website trinitymoorestown.org to learn more about the church.
Send resume and cover letter to:
The Reverend Emily Mellott
Rector, Trinity Episcopal Church
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Early applications are encouraged.